2008年9月26日 星期五

2008-9-20 Homework

1. Write a 200-word summary.

That's the first time for me to take the course in English. It's unexpected for me, because my English is poor.


In this course, the teacher is Yao-Jen Chang. He introduced the history of communication in the world from 1876 to 2006. In my memories, there is a dail telephone in my grandfather's home. When I was young, I liked to listen the sound for that telephone. I also remember the fact that I fell out with my young brother when I studied in university, because I lost the phone call and did not take him by motorcycle when he went to bus station. However, I have two mobile phone device until now. My life is changed from improved technology.
The communication is easy to connect with everyone quickly by Personal Mobile devices. From Nokia, The technology is come from humanity. I can not agree more. When I was student in the university, my teacher told us that the "Power Service", "Power Application" and "Battery" are the most important points in the future. I remember the opinions that I studied about GPRS and 3G technology. From now on, those keys do not be ignored. What do people want? What do people need? I consider that is worth to think about it for communication in the future.

2. Watch the video recording of KF Lee's keynote speech on WWW 2008 Beijing on Cloud computing. Feel free to write what you think.

The cloud computing is a good idea. In the future, more people will be interesting in it. In my company, we also start to develop the storage server and 10G Network. However, I have some question for cloud computing. Frist, do I put the private and illegal information on remote server, such as video, image, MP3 and so on? Second, does the data be safe on remote server? Do I trust that the data do not been hacked or stealed? I think that the bank theory is a good example. If the personal data is more important than the money, do I put it on the remote server? Third, the boradband is too expansive such as 10G Network module. How much can I cost to get enough bandwidth? Four, the video size is too big such as BD, HD files. Does the bandwidth can be enough to use? I consider that there are some question to be solved, if the cloud coumpting can be realized in the future.

1 則留言:

Yao Jen 提到...

Really good jobs. You did a nice description in the answer to Problem 1. For cloud computing, you brought out insightful questions that we can dig into.